October 24, 2009

Ancient


Ancient: Dating or surviving from the distant past. (Mirriam-Webster)
This is a mixer that was my maternal grandmothers. I think anyhow, maybe it was my maternal great-grandmothers! I'll have to ask my mom and get back to you on that one. My mom gave this to me right after I got married, and I stashed it in a box for when I thought I'd use it later in life. Well, now's the time! John went over to my dad's house where we keep many of our 'things' (It's really like a high-dollar storage unit!) to find his football cleats from long ago. He called me and said that he'd found me a Kitchen Aid in our room and wondered if he should bring it home. I told him the story and had him bring it home. I thought I remembered mom saying that it needed a part of some kind, and that's why it wasn't being used, but when I he brought it home, all the parts were in the box. I can't wait to use it to whip up Kaleb's cupcakes for his birthday treats at school tomorrow. I have been telling John that I "need" a Kitchen Aid for a few months now. I have been having a tremendous amount of carpal tunnel pain, and this would "help so much in the kitchen!" (pretty good ploy, eh?!) I'm happy to be using this for now, and I'm going to go online hunting to see if there's anywhere that still makes parts for this relic! Grandma would be so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment