January 23, 2010

The past....

So, the past is just that, the past. We've had some hard times here at the Petersen residence...We lost our dog of eleven years just a week before Christmas. She was old and tired and ready to go. It's just so hard to say goodbye to a loyal loved one. She was just like one of the kids, always playing with them and always watching over them as if they were her own little ones. We sure do miss her. Even though we can walk through every door-way withouth stepping over her, and don't have to pick as much dog hair off our dinner plates, we still miss her. She was a good girl and we'll remember her always.

We also found out in November that we were expecting our 3rd child. A very strange decision, made by all 4 of us and lived by all 4 of us. I was extremely sick from about week 6 until week 14 when we found out that we hadn't conceived a child at all, but I had a molar pregnancy. (google it) Thank God for my family who took care of me for 8 weeks, and thank God for pizza pockets that kept my kids alive when daddy was on nights. Thank you John for stepping up to the plate to be both Daddy and Mommy and more! He did the laundry, the dishes, the cooking, and EVERTHING else in our life. I cannot even tell you how thankful I am to have these 3 people in my life. My kids took care of me, tucked me into bed, persuaded me to eat what little I could, helped daddy with the house chores, and whatever else needed to be done. They are amazing little beings I tell you!

So though we are all still healing from our losses, we are holding strong. We have a lot. God has not made us go without in any sense. We are a team that will stick together and get through the tough times in life. We are looking forward to Spring and all things new!

No comments:

Post a Comment