She is changing so quickly these days. Growing like a weed (not a weed in February, however). Her dad took her to the eye doctor a few weeks ago and let her get contacts. She has to do some "eye excercises" to get used to putting them in. The Dr. said she'd have no trouble at all with them. They'll be here soon. hmmm..... Didn't she just get those *cute* glasses?
I took her to her orthodontist appointment the same week. Her palate spreader and braces will be due to go in/on during the first 2 weeks of April. Not looking forward to that one, really. Have you looked at the price of those things!? Whew wee, I am in the WRONG business I tell you! Not only that, but there is a lot of maintenance that goes along with this process. She's got a DVD and a "test" to take before she gets the goods "installed". Before too long I am not going to even recognize my own daughter! Her dad jokes with her that if she were headless, she'd be a lot cheaper child! :) Wow, this growing up thing is really over-rated! She'll be eleven soon. Yes, I said ELEVEN! I keep telling her that after ten she has to go back to nine, then eight, and so on... if only there was a way.........................

Oh, the glorious palate-spreader! So my favorite! The results are worth it in the end... One piece of un-asked-for (and probably unwanted) advice: Tylenol half-hour before her appt helps a ton :O) (just tell me to mind my own business, my friend! That just helped me through those ortho years...)
ReplyDelete