
John and I celebrated our 11 year anniversary this week. We actually got to get away for the night! (Thanks gma and gpa for keeping the kids!) We went and stayed at the Anniversary Inn in SLC. A fun place for sure. Kinda pricey for one night, but if you figure we've done this once since we were married, it works out to be about $.07/day! Nice, eh!? We ate dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. Have you ever had one of those whole lobsters? Well let me just tell you that they are kind of creepy staring at you from that plate! And then you have to pull the tail off and its guts come out too! Oh yes they do. And then you get to look at his last meal, sitting there on the plate! And after all of that you are supposed to enjoy this meal that cost you a mint?! It's kinda a once in a lifetime thing, I guess. I know I won't be ordering that again! It was good though.
This of course was our second choice for dinner. We had been referred to a place called the Market Street Grill for dinner. We thought we'd check it out. We finally find the blasted place, squeal into a parking spot, realize that we have to pay to park there, insert five bucks, go around the corner, get greeted and seated by a nice lady, open the menu, CRAP our pants over the prices ($45.00 per plate, not including gratuity or a drink), then slyly sneak back out the door! Yes, we did that!
We had a fabulous time doing a whole lot of nothing together. It was great! Here's an idea I stole from a friends BLOG:
Eleven reasons I love John:
1. He's got a great sense of humor
2. He's pretty cute. (don't tell him I said pretty and cute about him, cuz men aren't either of those things he says!)
3. He's very handy, can fix or make anything!
4. He's smart (though he won't admit it)
5. He's a die-hard Bears Fan!
6. He's a math whiz and knows every formula to every issue, including hanging pictures in the center of the wall. Plus he remembers numbers like crazy. "Honey, what's Krista's cell number again?"
7. He gives great hugs and kisses (see photo below! :) )
8. He knows how to do laundry and helps quite often!
9. He loves the outdoors too
10. He would do what I want even if it meant he had to put his choice on the "back burner"
And the number one (or eleven in this case) reason I love John:

No comments:
Post a Comment