September 27, 2009

REDNECK HOME IMPROVEMENT


I call this "redneck home improvement" Why? Well, we borrowed our neighbors ladder (again), added a half full Shasta box, then a galvanized bucket we found in the yard, then the garage door opening mechanism. Notice this isn't working, as it's falling right now while I'm taking the picture! Yes, this is day one of our project. Now I say "our" because I got to be the "tool bench". This may not sound like an important position, but let me assure you, it is! Okay, measurements pulled, holes drilled, hardware in place, (this is like 3 hours later) let's test the door. OH SHIT! It won't open. Okay, take the ladder back to the neighbor, we'll do this again tomorrow. (or in two or so days!)
Day two (or so): Buy own ladder!!!! Done. Raise the track, wire the switch, abra cadabra, AUTOMATIC GARAGE DOOR! Sweet! I am so exited about this! It works great, and it isn't even winter yet! Wah HOO! Thanks honey for doing this! We've only been contemplating it since we bought our house a year ago. It was "simple" really. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment