January 27, 2011

Before and after...sort of.

This child of ours is spendy...I tell ya, if she were headless, she'd be much more inexpensive!  First glasses, then contacts, now braces!  Eeek!  If you've ever seen the price tag on these tiny silver squares, you know what I mean!  Woowee, and we get 2 phases of braces. Joy.  Kali did amazing at her appointment though.  She is learning to talk and eat with that silly palate-spreader that they installed.  I know it will be worth it in the long run, but she seems to see it as a nuisance, which I can understand.  I have to turn the key 3 times a week to spread her palate and make room for all the permanent teeth to come in.  In phase 2, they will correct the cross-bite and straighten it all out. The whole process will be about 2 years or so.

1 comment:

  1. I completely empathize with Kali! Palate spreaders are a humongous pain in the butt- but, they are totally worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete