January 6, 2011

Not a Christmas post...

I'm sure all you *loyal* followers are just dying to know about our Christmas fun, but that's going to have to wait until I have some more patience, you see, I got a new camera so half of the pix are on the old camera and half are on the new camera....and since we got a new computer, I thought it would be nice to just use the new software that came with the new camera, but since I am not a rocket-scientist {or I just have zero patience} I resorted to re-installing my old Kodak software...which they made me upgrade and I don't love it!  Why fix it if it ain't broken?  I really enjoyed the 2002 version....jerks.  Anyway, back to my original idea here....hmmmm...what was it?  Oh yeah, I was blog hopping and reading about how a mother hated disliked baking with a 4 year old, and it reminded me of the other night when Kali so graciously helped me make dinner.  She even asked to help, I did not have to bribe or beg. :)  You all know that Kaleb owns the kitchen {I really had intentions of making him a cute apron for Xmas that said "kiss the cook", but time ran out...plus he might think that mommy's finally gone crazy} but Kali is a different story!  She had good intentions, but like her mother was a tad messy and irresponsible. She stirred the rice with a spatula and for some odd reason, a pile of rice flew out of the pan landing into the crack between the fridge and the stove.  Well, her being a quick thinker she took the spatula and slid it between the appliances in an effort to fix afore said mistake.  WELL, she forgot to clean the existing rice off of the spatula, embedding even more rice into the crack.  NICE!
Scene 2: The irresponsible one...you decide
I had put a plant on top of the fridge to get "bright, indirect light" as not to sunburn the little parlor palm.  (I did my homework, not all plants deserve to die while in my care, oh and I am growing a few quite well, maybe I'll post them for you!) Well, Kali decided that she needed to whip open the freezer AND the fridge at the same time.....why? I give up, but parlor palms do not float in mid-air I tell you.  The plant came crashing down, potting soil going E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.!!!!!!!  Have you tried to clean potting soil from your ice dispenser?  What about the veggie drawer?  The condiments? The meat drawer?  The frozen section?  How about every single inch of your fridge and freezer?  All in about 10 minutes, GOD forbid she be late for her New Year's party! I love that girl, but it would be so much less stressful if she'd quit acting like her damn mother, I can't handle 2 of us!
(If you are an english teacher or some other type of grammatical critic such as myself, {the critic, not the teacher} please disregard the prior paragraphs which are full of run-on sentences, grammatical errors, and lots of these..................)

No comments:

Post a Comment