December 23, 2010

A Christmas story...

No, not the Christmas Story about "You'll shoot your eye out!", this one is different.  Kali and I were chatting at dinner tonight and we were reminiscing about Christmases past, when she reminded me of Christmas 2 years ago.  It goes a little something like this....Kali and family eat a delicious prime rib dinner at grandma and grandpa Pete's house.  Then Kali eats a few candy canes....(I'm guessing you know where this is going...) Then Kali delights in some snickers, and then Kali eats some peanut butter fudge that some nice people JUST brought over, by some I mean the entire plate of it.  Kali enjoys chocolates at game time, etc. etc.  Ten o'clock rolls around and John hears Kali crying softly, and calling for Mommy.  I head down to see what the comotion is about and there it is...all of it, splattered all over the bathroom!  Yup, she chucked it all.  She sobbed and sobbed and kept apologizing for 'ruining Christmas'.  Poor kid.  Poorer mom for having to clean the bathroom on Christmas Eve.  (did I mention that she sang me a song of this event today?) Then, she MADE me sleep with her, so I crashed on her floor with only my robe as a blanket to be awakened about every 15 minutes to accompany her to the bathroom.  It was a sad Christmas, but Santa still managed to drop her some goodies.  Do you have a Christmas story to tell?
Oh yeah, and there was this one Christmas, back in '82, nope, just kidding, it was in '02.  Kaleb was 14 months old and Kali 2 years old.  I can remember hearing a whisper from the bottom of the stairs "wake up, it's Christmas!" I woke up thinking that I was dreaming, but I heard it again, accompanied by a giggle this time.  It was my brother and his fiance, they wanted to share Christmas with us!  When I asked how they got in, he said "well, duh, your fuse box is right by the door, I figured there'd be a key inside"...and there was.  They did bring coffee though. :)  What fun memories!  (okay, the first was not so fun of a memory)

No comments:

Post a Comment