May 8, 2011

4th Annual Thirkill Elementary Fun Run

Thirkill Elementary held their 4th annual fun run on Thursday.  This is a yearly event to raise money for different programs in the school.  This is one of only 2 fundraisers that the PTO does each year and it is a HIT! The kids collect pledges from family and friends for each lap they run or a fixed donation, then run the course for 20 minutes.  This year the money we raise will go to the music department.  There is prizes to be won for the largest money collectors, I think there are about 10 places this year.  Also, if a child brings their packet back to school with even one dollar they are entered into a drawing for various summer fun prizes like bubbles and jumpropes and frisbees and such.  In the past this fundraiser has purchased new playground equipment, library books and supplies and even sent the entire school on field trips!  I am on the committee so I know the work that goes into planning this event....it's a lot of planning!  Teri Hegemann is our "queen bee" and she's amazing, always organized and fun!
Mrs. Gambles cheering on her class........{LET'S GET READY TO RUM-BLE.....}
Kaleb running one of his 21 laps!  Way to go!
Alexa Horsley running her little heart out.  She's got running in her blood. :) {I think she looks like a flamingo all perched up on one leg!  And she's in pink! Perfect!}
Kaleb is enjoying a snowcone from Blizzard Ice after his exhausting run!  At least we got good weather this year.  Last year was a sideways snowstorm!
I can't wait to count the funds to see how much these awesome kids raised for the music department!

No comments:

Post a Comment