May 23, 2011

A smattering of happenings, hang tight!

What girl doesn't love dress up?  Mia doesn't!  Kali just couldn't resist putting some clothes on Mia.  She even said a few days after we got her "If I had any doll clothes, that dog would be wearing a dress!"  Toby was always so tolerant of Kali dressing her up, but Mia is a bit different!  John didn't dig the dress up session too much either, he headed upstairs.
Poor doggy. :)
Kali finally finished up her science fair project.  Thank the LORD that's over.  Seriously, do we need to drag a project out for 2 months!?  I was sooooo over that project.  She didn't win, but she was proud of her accomplishment.  There were some pretty cool projects there to boot.
Kali got 3rd place in the Monsanto safety poster contest.  She got five bucks too.  I'm pretty sure she should heed her own safety advice, however those gorgeous items don't do too much for the fashion concious!  Kaleb also placed 3rd in his grade.  He did "Always keep your guns and ammo locked up."  He hasn't gotten his poster back yet, so maybe I won't get any pictures of him. :( Nice work, kiddos!
I had my dance recital.  I bombed it.  Yep, first time ever bombing a recital, but I sure did 'er good.  I couldn't hear the music on stage.  Now, I know if you were one of the peeps sittin' in the house, you'd disagree, cuz that music was L.O.U.D.! but on stage the quality was crap.  We told the sound peeps to make sure it was loud for the beginning so we could start at the right time, but after the first few notes, they turned it down.  I immediately lost it.  I stood there for like 8 or 12 counts...just smiling and hoping to God I'd catch back on.  Do you know how long 8 counts is on stage?  Well, let's just say it feels more like an eternity!  Maybe if we'd stayed on the front row like we did at the rehersal I could've done better.  Oh well, it was just a recital.  My hubby got pictures of me at that time...and I look like a frozen statue.  You could almost see the fear in my eyes!  He did console me afterward though.  Sweet fella.
It's tough being a puppy.
Like I said before, tough being a puppy.
This puppy is whacked on GACK!  She's nuts!  But we love her anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment